December 17, 2020
Software Development Intern
Location: Australia / New Zealand
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Intern to join our team. Cubane is a specialist global consulting firm that delivers strategic analysis, benchmarking and insights to Executive teams in the Australian, New Zealand, UK and Canadian university sectors. Founded in Australia a decade ago, many top research and teaching universities are members of our unique UniForum benchmarking programme.
In this role you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, User Experience and will work closely with the Product Development team to provide high quality support. This will involve a wide variety of analytical, software development and software testing to support Cubane’s business operations.
Our Offer to You
- Be part of a growing international business that offers a diverse work environment and opportunities for professional development
- Make an impact contributing to an essential, interesting and dynamic sector
- Work alongside experienced senior employees who will support and mentor you
- Develop core skills and experience to help you progress your career
- Benefit from a culture that supports flexibility and work-life balance
This role is casual and is based in Cubane’s North Sydney office. You will be responsible for assisting in delivering robust Collection tools, tracking and testing system performance and usage to enhance user experience through:
- Data analysis
- Workflow testing
- Manual functional testing
- Writing automation test scripts with Java
- User and product analytics including:
- Using Google Analytics to track and validate performance and product feature usage
- Analysis, manipulation and transformation of the Google Analytics datasets
- Determining root cause effects and developing potential solutions
- Document writing & review
- Information security reviews
- A collaborative team spirit
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical capabilities, with an ability to synthesise evidence-based insight from data
- Familiarity with statistics, modelling or data visualisation is an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- An appreciation for the big picture
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- 1 or 2 years left until the completion of a university degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline, such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Science
- Interested in software development, data analytics and data engineering
- Exposure to programming or scripting language like Java, Python or R an advantage
Please respond to the following question in your cover letter (one or two paragraphs): How will this role contribute to your goals? In your response you may consider the work Cubane does and/or the skills you will develop in the role.
Please note, direct applications only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?