Position: Full or Part Time (4 days per week)
Location: Australia / New Zealand
About the business
At Cubane, a boutique consulting firm, we have an opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join our Sydney office.
Cubane is the world's leading provider of strategic analytical insights on the management of universities, through the ambitious UniForum program. We have a global footprint, with offices in ANZ, the UK and Canada and work with many of the world's leading institutions.
We offer a dynamic, stimulating, and egalitarian work environment, where innovative ability, a drive for intellectual rigour and a passion for serving clients are encouraged and rewarded. We pride ourselves on providing flexibility to enable our people to achieve their professional and personal goals. Our team thrives by having a positive 'can-do' attitude, a flat structure and an openness to new ideas and thinking. We are keen to find people who share the same values.
In this role, you will play a senior role in a consulting team tasked with using their combined quantitative and analytical capabilities to develop evidence-based strategic insight for our clients. These insights will form the basis of advice for senior management on the strategic choices available to them.
You will play a leading role in the strategic growth and the development of the ANZ business. Current growth opportunities include expansion into Asia and into the Vocational Education sector.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, ANZ, you will be involved in decision making and bring fresh motivation and insights to the challenges we face. The wide variety of projects will provide the opportunity to learn new skills within a collaborative team environment, and offer the chance for significant professional development
This position can be part time (4 days per week) or full time.
About the role
In this role you will undertake a wide variety of problem solving, client engagement management and business development activities, initially including:
- Leading analysis that generates insight into key strategic challenges our clients face, and synthesising these into clear and compelling presentations and reports
- Working collaboratively with senior clients, including facilitating workshops and delivering recommendations to large groups of senior clients
- Managing relationships with existing clients at the mid-senior and senior executive level
- Supporting business development activities, including expansion into new sectors and markets
- Participating in development projects to improve and extend our service offer and enhance client facing web-based analytics tools
- Managing and mentoring less senior consulting team members
Skills and experience
We are looking for:
- 4-5 years of experience in a consulting role with quantitative, analytical and client facing demands, or 2-3 years consulting experience plus relevant experience (e.g., a corporate strategy role)
- Highly analytical and strategic mindset
- Experience developing meaningful insights from data to support executive decision making
- Clear, creative thinker and communicator
- Experience managing senior client relationships
- Confident presenter and facilitator, particularly with large groups of senior clients
- Familiar with statistics/modelling or data visualisation a plus
- Passionate about helping our client universities and other higher education institutions achieve their long term objectives
- Flexible and adaptable as demands and priorities change
- Preferably experienced in business development, including new markets and new products
Cover letter required.
Please explain why you are well suited to the role and why you want to apply. Additionally, please describe a technically complex analytical project or strategic business problem you have worked on and the insights this delivered.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.