Position: Full Time
Location: Australia / New Zealand
About the business
At Cubane, a boutique consulting firm, we have an opportunity for a Consultant to join our Sydney office.
Cubane is the world's leading provider of strategic analytical insights on the management of universities, through the ambitious UniForum program. We have a global footprint, with offices in ANZ, the UK and Canada and work with many of the world's leading institutions.
We offer a dynamic, stimulating, and egalitarian work environment, where innovative ability, a drive for intellectual rigour and a passion for serving clients are encouraged and rewarded. Our team thrives by having a positive 'can-do' attitude, a flat structure and an openness to new ideas and thinking. We are keen to find people who share the same values.
In this role, you will be part of a consulting team tasked with using their combined quantitative and analytical capabilities to develop evidence-based strategic insight for our clients. These insights will form the basis of advice for senior management on the strategic choices available to them.
Working alongside highly experienced senior staff, you will be involved in decision making and bring fresh motivation and insights to the challenges we face. The wide variety of projects will provide the opportunity to learn new skills within a collaborative team environment, and offer the chance for significant professional development reporting and problem solving activities, including:
- Leading analysis that generates insight into key strategic challenges our clients face
- Developing clear and compelling presentations and reports that communicate these insights to our clients
- Engaging with clients, including formal (i.e. workshops and events) and informal, daily communications
- Supporting research and problem solving in targeted focus areas
- Participating in development projects to improve and extend our service offer
- Working with and becoming an expert in our analytics and tools and technologies
As your experience develops, this role will progressively extend into leading project-based activity and client relationship management
We are looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience in a consulting role with quantitative, analytical and client facing demands
- Degree qualified with a strong track record of academic excellence and majors in one or more of: Sciences, Computing, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or another course which requires data analysis and modelling
- Ability to synthesise evidence-based insight from data; identifying trends and their likely causes
- Clear and creative thinker and communicator
- Strong client focus that includes working with clients to solve complex problems
- Attention to detail as well as the 'big-picture'
- Strong Excel skills, with some experience using PowerPoint preferred
- Familiarity with statistics/modelling or data visualisation a plus
- Passionate about learning and helping our client universities and other higher education institutions achieve their long-term objectives
- Proactive and a demonstrated leader
- Comfortable working with colleagues in a collaborative environment where ideas can be raised and challenged
Cover letter required.
Please explain why you are well suited to the role and why you want to apply. Additionally, please describe a technically complex analytical project or strategic business problem you have worked on and the insights this delivered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.