Business / Data Analyst (Consulting & Client Operations)
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Location: United Kingdom and Ireland
Supporting our expansion in the UK and Europe, Cubane has an exciting opportunity for someone to join the team in a role focused on (i) detailed analysis of large scale quantitative data sets, (ii) production of consulting deliverables, and (iii) ongoing support to client operations.
Cubane is a specialist global consulting firm that delivers strategic analysis, benchmarking and insight to leadership teams at universities. Founded in Australia more than a decade ago and active in the UK since 2015, many of the Russell Group universities are members of our unique, collaborative UniForum benchmarking programme.
In this role you will be a key member in the UK team, regularly interacting with our member universities, as well as working closely with our colleagues in Australia and Canada. The high calibre and growing UK team consists of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, dedicated and driven to provide the best possible service for our clients in a dynamic and good-natured environment.
Our Offer to You
- Make a tangible difference to world-leading universities during a crucial period
- Be part of a successful, friendly, growing business with many and varied opportunities for learning and career progression
- Further develop and deepen your analytical and client relationship management skills
- Enjoy working within a culture that actively supports flexibility and work-life balance, with significant scope for flexible working
- On-the-job learning with a strong local and international support system and many opportunities to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Involved in decision making processes, bringing fresh motivation and insights to the challenges we face
- Work alongside experienced senior employees and reporting directly to the Managing Director with many opportunities for mentorship
This is a full-time role, based in Cubane’s London office but with significant scope to work remotely. You will be part of the small UK team who and will be responsible for:
(i) Detailed analysis of large scale quantitative datasets e.g.
- Developing hypotheses and strategic insights based on quantitative information about the efficiency and effectiveness of university professional services
- Becoming expert in key technologies and tools, including Qlik based data visualisation technologies
(ii) Production of consulting deliverables e.g.
- Hands-on preparation of detailed deliverables for individual clients and materials for group events, and supporting presentations remotely and in person
(iii) Ongoing support to client operations e.g.
- Supporting the collection, cleansing and quality review of detailed quantitative and qualitative information, including supporting clients with their queries and any issues
- Developing and cultivating strong long-term relationships with our clients’ programme managers, and with all levels of Cubane staff across the world
- Working closely with our global software development team to help them design, develop and deliver new tools and features to support our clients
- 18-24 months’ experience in an analytical, consulting or education / academic environment
- Proven ability to create high quality client-ready deliverables with quantitative analysis at the core including handling large data sets in Excel, Business Intelligence tools
- Superb academics with analytical aptitude and interest in interrogating data to develop hypotheses and insights. Mathematics, statistics, economics or engineering disciplines are preferable
- Adept at engaging with clients to understand their needs and working with colleagues to find solutions
- Someone who is strongly purpose-oriented, with a passion for helping organisations with a clear social purpose to succeed and improve
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of presentation, especially in relation to written work
- A proactive team player who takes responsibility for tasks, with a positive attitude and proven ability to be flexible and adaptable as demands change
For further information on Cubane, check out our website: www.cubaneconsulting.com
Please note only candidates who successfully meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Quantitative Data Analysis: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19