Business Analyst (Consulting & Client Support)
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Location: United Kingdom and Ireland
Cubane Consulting is a world-leading provider of benchmarking services to universities. We’re a small (but perfectly formed!) firm of about 50 people across offices in London, Sydney and Toronto. We’re lucky to have some of the most prestigious universities in the world as members of our collaborative benchmarking and insights programme, known as UniForum.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate with relevant experience and a natural aptitude for data analysis and client support to join the UK team. The role will give the right candidate the chance to thrive in a dynamic, client-facing, intellectually-stimulating environment, at an exciting time as the firm accelerates its growth thanks to now being part of a bigger group.
Cubane recently became part of the Nous Group, an international management consultancy with more than 400 people working in Australia, the UK and Canada. Nous is a values-based organisation that partners with leaders to shape world class businesses and public service organisations, effective governments and empowered communities. The partnership between Nous and Cubane stems from over a decade of working together, supporting shared university clients based on high quality data, evidence and strategic advice.
If you have experience working on complex problems and want to be part of a dynamic team that puts people at the centre of everything, then we'd love to hear from you!
The role and our offer to you
The Business Analyst role is focused on a constantly-changing mix of detailed analysis and investigation, reporting and support to clients. The role will offer the chance to:
- Make a tangible difference to world-leading universities during a crucial period – helping them to make well-informed decisions about their future
- Be part of a successful, friendly, growing business with many and varied opportunities for learning and career progression – including working alongside new Nous colleagues
- Develop and deepen analytical, reporting, consulting, project management and client relationship management skills
- Enjoy working within a culture that actively supports work-life balance, with significant scope for flexible working
- Benefit from structured skills development and in-role learning with a strong local and international support system and many opportunities to work independently and take ownership of tasks
This is a full-time role, based out of Nous and Cubane’s shared Central London office but with significant scope to work remotely and plenty of global interaction. You will be part of the Cubane UK team and will be responsible for:
(1) Detailed analysis of large scale quantitative datasets e.g.
- Developing hypotheses and strategic insights based on quantitative information about the efficiency and effectiveness of university professional services, and sophisticated data models
- Becoming an expert in cutting-edge technologies and tools, including Qlik based data visualisation technologies
(2) Production of consulting deliverables e.g.
- Hands-on preparation of detailed deliverables, briefings and presentations, and supporting presentations remotely and in person to client individuals or groups
- Supporting preparation of materials for workshops, UK annual conferences and other key client events
(3) Ongoing support to client operations e.g.
- Supporting the operations team (in the UK and globally) in the collection, cleansing and quality review of detailed quantitative and qualitative information from client universities
- Assisting clients with their queries about the data collections and surveys they are managing in their institutions
- Developing and cultivating strong long-term relationships with our clients’ programme managers, and with all levels of Cubane staff across the world
- Working closely with our global software development team to help them design, develop and deliver new tools and features to support our clients
- Ideally: 6-12 months’ experience in an analytical, consulting or education / academic environment, for example through internships or early professional experience
- Superb academics with analytical aptitude and interest in interrogating data to develop hypotheses and insights. Mathematics, statistics, economics or engineering disciplines are preferable.
- The ability to create high quality client-ready deliverables with quantitative analysis at the core e.g. using Excel, Business Intelligence tools
- Adept at engaging with clients to understand their needs and working with colleagues to find solutions
- Someone who is strongly purpose-oriented, with a passion for helping organisations with a clear social purpose to succeed and improve
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of presentation, especially in relation to written work
- A proactive team player who takes responsibility for tasks, with a positive attitude and proven ability to be flexible and adaptable as demands change
- Comfortable with new technologies, and in particular with handling large data sets using Excel
For further information on Cubane, check out our website: www.cubaneconsulting.com
Please note only candidates who successfully meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher in a relevant discipline?
- Are you including a covering note of no more than 500 words explaining why you’re interested in working for Cubane (as part of the Nous Group), and why you’re well suited to this role?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19